Holger Danske

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Fire


While I was away the neighborhood had a bit of a fire. It started in a backyard and got out of control. They evacuated snow canyon and fernwood. Wife and kids had to watch from the school and couldnt get home for a while. No houses were burned.
I got to come back home yesterday, it is good to be back. My youngest gave me a very long hug, it was nice, so did the others. It even snowed last night just for me.
It looks like I don't have to go back to NM for another week or so, some others are going this week. Things there are still going OK but slow. I will go back for first flight.
H got her braces on last week, she looks a few years younger, which I like. She thinks she is a grup already. She will be 15 in Feb. The state chaged the law so now kids can get the learners permit at 15. The thought of her driving, I am not ready for that. I still worry about R driving.

R's band is playing at a club in salt lake tonight, it is their first headliner gig. He play is the lead guitar and singer. I went to one once, boy did I feel old and out of place. It was fun though. He is at his first Utah Symphonic band thing at the UoU right now, he will be playing his basson there. Last night he got to play his horn at the Davih High football game, in the rain, band geeks have to tough it out like the football players.
The little kids got outside early today to play in the snow, the 1/4 inch of snow, but it didn't last long. They are spoiled by the big storms in the winter. They out together a play for me, I have yet to see it. It is H and M and Barbies.

1 Comments:

  • Yikes I bet you were panicked that wasnice to havethe snowcover up the burned areas

    By Blogger Joyismygoal, at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home