Holger Danske

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Lake trip



The trip to Lake Powell was fun. I got home from NM only a few hours before we had to leave, so I didnt prepare much. I also ended up driving, which I wasn't ready for either. It turned out fine though. We did have an adventure, the first day was dry, but then the rain came and went. We did go on several hikes, and rock climbs, tried wake board thing, played games, and ate a lot.
It rained almost 4 inches while we were there, it was a huge storm. The cool part was it all came over the top of the canyon rim in many big waterfalls. The lake rose 3 feet, which caused a few problebs with things floting away, but we got them back. A few of the hikes we came back completely drenched, but I didn't get those picutures yet. The first picture is from up the hill, where I am in the other pic. The houseboat is in the water there.
Even the frogs came out for the rain. I have a video of the waterfall, but not sure how to show it here. I leave again tomorrow for NM again, for another 2 weeks.

5 Comments:

  • Great cliffs sounds like you guys had avery fun adventure, I lived the little flower. You just had to deface the beautiful cliff:) tricK Photography right?

    By Blogger Joyismygoal, at 8:21 PM  

  • No tricks, it was there when we got there!

    By Blogger Holger Danske, at 8:57 PM  

  • PS --what is a toilet boat?

    By Blogger Joyismygoal, at 9:01 AM  

  • It is the ultimate porta-potty. It floats out there on the lake, waiting for someone to boat or jetski up.

    By Blogger Holger Danske, at 6:23 PM  

  • ooooh, yuck, but kinda convenient i guess.

    By Blogger Joyismygoal, at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home